So, last Thursday night at TacoMac I decided I was going to be ‘bored’ while jeff watched the office. But i don’t do well reveling in boredom – so at 8:15 I decided to make a headboard.
So, I got online and googled the measurements of a Queen headboard, went into the bedroom and verified I had the correct measurements, and I headed out to home depot with the Blazer and picked up a piece of plywood. I had the Home Depot guy cut the board for me, and then show me to the staples for my staple gun. Clearly the boy had NO CLUE about staples or staple guns, as he sold me the wrong size staples (even though he looked at my instruction manual that i brought with me to the store so that this WOULDN’T happen). Then I went to Michaels and bought batting, then to Wal-mart bought foam and fabric to cover my masterpiece! 🙂 When I arrived back home I layed out the fabric, then the batting, then the foam and topped it off with the board. As I went to load my staple gun, I realized that the guy at home-depot was an idiot and I went back to walmart and found the staples BY MYSELF – see if i ever rely on some man with an orange apron again! 🙂
Anyway, I headed BACK to the apartment and stapled our new headboard together – one staple every two inches! Hours and hours of TLC finally paid off. It looks pretty good, at least better than no headboard at all. I will try to post pictures sometime soon.