We’re not quite floating in the Henry household… but we are dealing with some minor flooding and a bit of mildew/mold… ugh! The joys of homeownership. BUT in happy house news we’re also getting our act together in the master bedroom and installing curtains, adding a rug, and we scored an awesome dresser off of craigslist for a whopping $40 bucks.
I’ll be updating with photos soon. In the mean time I figure everyone could laugh a little with all this crappy weather and flooding so here are some funny musings of kids in their 20’s:
-Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when yourealize you’re wrong.
-I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
-Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the “people you may know”feature on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choosenot to be friends with?
-Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn’twork? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magicallyfix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we allknow how to fix the p roblem? There was no internet or message boardsor FAQ’s. We just figured it out. Today’s kids are soft.
-There is a great need for sarcasm font.
-Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I firstsaw it.
-How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
-I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand thantake 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
– LOL has gone from meaning, “laugh out loud” to “I have nothing else to say”.
– Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantrontest is absolutely petrifying.
– Whenever someone says “I’m not book smart, but I’m street smart”,all I hear is “I’m not real smart, but I’m imaginary smart”.
– Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using ‘as in’examples, I will undoubtedly draw a b lank and sound like a completeidiot. Today I had to spell my boss’s last name to an attorney andsaid “Yes that’s G as in…(10 second lapse)..ummm…Goonies”
– While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road andinstinctively swerved to avoid it…thanks Mario Kart.
– MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure Iknow how to get out of my neighborhood.
-Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty,and you can wear them forever.
-I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
-Whenever I’m Facebook stalking someone and I find out that theirprofile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just gotthe Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted. 546 pictures? Don’t mind ifI do!
-Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to goaround and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I’m from, this shouldn’t be a problem….
-You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at workwhen you’ve made up your mind that you just aren’t doing anythingproductive for the rest of the day.
-I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks meif I want to save any changes to my ten page document that I swear I did not make any changes to.
– “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this ever.
-I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?Dammit!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times andgoes to voicemail. What’d you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phoneand run away?
-I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it’s on shuffle,then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.