… whaddya call it? Online search seems to like it best when i use the term ‘sofa’ whereas we refer to it as a ‘couch’ and my Grandma calls it a ‘davenport’. Hmm?
We’ve been doing more demolition/remodeling on Devonshire Way. Which is making us itch for some new sofas. 2 in fact. Probably not happening tomorrow, but its always fun to screen-shop.
Here’s what I know:
- I don’t want microfiber. Too messy looking.
- As much as I enjoy leather furniture, leather is probably not an option for us right now. Besides being too expensive, its not the most puppy friendly material. Maybe in a chair?
- J and I must each be able to lay the length of the sofa comfortably
- I’d really prefer to have backs and seat cushions that are removable so I can throw them in the wash (Ours say not to, but I do it occasionally anyway)
- I love to be able to see the legs of furniture, so no skirts allowed!
- Nailhead trim would be awesome. Not a deal-breaker, but I’d really like to have it.
Initially I was leaning towards grey (gray?) sofas BUT affordable, cute, and comfy sofas seem to be hard to come by in grey SO we might go taupe.
Here are some possible contenders: