So do you ever get so overwhelmed with all the projects going on that you become useless to complete anything? That’s where
we are I am right now. I just can’t seem to get any one thing totally done and there are about 15 working projects at the moment. So, I’m gonna post a goal list in hopes that it’ll serve as some additional motivation AND it will remind me to show you the details as I go — I’m in a bad habit of feeling like things have to be ‘done’ or ‘perfect’ before I can do a post!
We are throwing a couple’s shower for some friends of ours in 2 weeks (actually less) and we’ve got some big things on the list. Here it goes, in no particular order.
- Finish painting the new unit in the kitchen
- Finish installing new black hardware in the kitchen (hinges and knobs)
- Caulk and wood-fill newly installed trim (kitchen AND bathroom)
- Second coat of paint in the breakfast area (very bottom of the list, not the end of the world if this doesn’t get done)
- Tape off and paint trim (doors, windows, floor) in the ‘new’ huge living room
- Touch-up paint in the living room
- Paint the old doorway – now wall in the hallway
- Paint the new front door
- Tape off and paint trim in the hall (floor)
- Repaint over the ugly hall bath color (and be thankful you’ve learned the lesson of ALWAYS testing paint before jumping into painting a whole room)
- Fill the kitchen gallery wall with actual pictures (instead of strangers hanging on the wall…)
- Empty screen porch of all tools and junk – clean it up!
- Thoroughly clean all the areas guests will be using
I’m sure I may be leaving something out, but this is the big list. Wish me luck, I’m off to crack open a paint can! 🙂
And just for fun, I finally emptied my camera card from the last several months and here is some of what I’ve been up to: