I’m still checking things off the list. I finished the trim painting last night! It was a most dreaded task, but I’m so happy to be done with it.
Here’s the updated to-do list:
Finish painting the new unit in the kitchen
- Finish installing new black hardware in the kitchen (hinges and knobs)
- Caulk and wood-fill newly installed trim (
- Second coat of paint in the breakfast area (very bottom of the list, not the end of the world if this doesn’t get done)
- (New task) Add crown molding to the breakfast area
Tape off and paint trim (doors,windows, floor) in the ‘new’ huge living room
- Touch-up paint in the living room
- Paint the old doorway – now wall in the hallway
- Paint the new front door
- Tape off and paint trim in the hall (floor)
- Repaint over the ugly hall bath color (and be thankful you’ve learned the lesson of ALWAYS testing paint before jumping into painting a whole room)
Fill the kitchen gallery wall with actual pictures (instead of strangers hanging on the wall…) Empty screen porch of all tools and junk– clean it up!
- Thoroughly clean all the areas guests will be using
- (New Task) Clean up the yard and carport
Tomorrow will be a MAJOR workday in casa de Henry. We’ve got a good bit of work left to do before we open our home to 30 people next weekend. BUT while I did have the list of things to cross off for the party, I also focused some of my time and energy into our master bedroom. Let’s just say my sanity needed it. A place to relax? Yes, please. A place to escape the craziness of renovations and improvements? Sign me up.
Basically our goals were to make our room relaxing and not have a whole lot going on. No bright colors, no busy patterns – just a space to breathe and calm down.
Here’s where the room sits today:
*Sorry about the lighting issue – I thought mid-day it would be good, but alas it’s still shady and the true colors aren’t exaxtly showing. Oh well.
Our walls are Burnished Metal from the Behr Ultra line – it isn’t showing the blue-ish tint well on my computer, but it definitely does in real life!
I’m really happy with the way the room is coming together. I love the new duvet and new sheets. The fact that we finally have OUR pictures in the frames and the arrangement on and above the dresser are just how I envisioned. But everyone knows there are more than 2 walls in a bedroom… hence the master bedroom being almost finished and not totally done!
Sheepishly, here are the other two walls:
Eventually we’ll replace the TV with a flat screen (yup, we’re that couple that has to have a TV in our room – and mostly its for me, I like noise to go to sleep). And I envision an old sideboard under it for storage of movies and whatnot.
This is the big blank wall which I have NO idea what to do with. None. I’m totally drawing a huge design blank. Can’t put a chair there because it would take up too much space. Don’t really want a gallery wall. Already have a mirror on the other side. Hmm… Suggestions are welcome 🙂
Have a happy weekend!