Weird title? Yeah, its a quote from my husband as we were laying in bed after hosting a couple’s shower for our friends on Saturday night.
One could say that we’ve been hauling a monkey around on our backs for a few months now – and thankfully he decided it was time to go visit someone else!
The living areas of our house are done. And by done I mean there are tiny things remaining, but the bulkiest dirtiest hardest things are over and now its just details and furnishing. *Breathe* We do have an unfinished basement and a master bath reno in our future — but all the in-progress projects are finished and we can tackle the other stuff later. For now, we’re takin a break.
I know this is delayed but with so many things on the must-be-done-before-the-shower list, going to Starbucks and blogging (have I mentioned we don’t have internet at home?) wasn’t an option.
J and I buckled down and worked hard. One of my bestfriends came over and pitched in at the end of last week too. Couldn’t have done it without her. THANKS LIZ!
Here’s the WE DID IT list:
- Finish painting the new unit in the kitchen
- Caulk and wood-fill newly installed trim (kitchen AND bathroom)
- (New task) Add crown molding to the breakfast area
- Tape off and paint trim (doors, windows, floor) in the ‘new’ huge living room
- Touch-up paint in the living room
- Paint the old doorway – now wall in the hallway
- Tape off and paint trim in the hall (floor)
- Repaint over the ugly hall bath color (and be thankful you’ve learned the lesson of ALWAYS testing paint before jumping into painting a whole room)
- Fill the kitchen gallery wall with actual pictures (instead of strangers hanging on the wall…)
- Empty screen porch of all tools and junk – clean it up!
- Thoroughly clean all the areas guests will be using
- (New Task) Clean up the yard and carport
And here’s what didn’t quite get finished, the details:
- Paint the new front door – this is partially completed, we’ve still got to paint the inside!
- Finish installing new black hardware in the kitchen (hinges and knobs)
- Second coat of paint in the breakfast area
Now I’m working on throwing together a house tour and get the photos online from the party. In the meantime, here are some of the photos we used for inspiration while doing all of our renovations.
If you know the source, please let me know via comments or email!