I saw this on Emily’s blog awhile ago and emailed the recipe to myself.
Here is the original recipe, with my adjustments in green:
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni – I used closer to 12 oz or 3/4 box
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese – I used white sharp cheddar
- 1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream – I used low fat
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese – probably used closer to 1/3 or 1/2 c
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook until done; drain.
- In 9×13 inch baking dish, stir together macaroni, shredded Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. I found it easiest to combine all the ingredients together and then stir in the macaroni, that way everything was more evenly distributed. Also, I forgot about the salt and pepper until time to serve. I think it was plenty salty, but next time I will add pepper. In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle topping over macaroni mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden. The top never really got golden, but it was bubbling around the edges so I went ahead and took it out.
Original recipe is from allrecipes.com